Cerulea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cerulea is a collaborative furry worldbuilding project, and play-by-post roleplaying game set in a world of floating islands and magical crystals that power technology and magic.

HomePortalPediaLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

They want a longer topic name.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cecix

They want a longer topic name. Empty
PostSubject: They want a longer topic name.   They want a longer topic name. Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009, 11:13 pm

Introductory post are always awkward.

Hi, I'm Cecix. I'm not new to worldbuilding but I haven't participated in any online collaboration for a while now. I've been looking at Cerulea for a week or so now, wondering whether this is something I want to invest my time into, so consider this a tentative foray into the world to get a "taste", so to speak.

As for myself, I can have periods of intense activity where something has really caught my interest and periods of relative inactivity where I might not be as committed as some would like. So I wouldn't really consider myself a pristine candidate for any roleplaying, though I might write something up if it strikes my fancy.

Which brings me to my question. Is Cerulea something that can accept this, or is it looking for another type of player? I won't be offended either way.
For the game itself, I think it's a very interesting concept. When I first read it, it came off as somewhat light-hearted, but I can see substantial depth and elaboration in it. It looks like something that doesn't take itself -too- seriously, and that's nice.

I also like the structure the creator has given the project. He's given some very nice parameters to play within and the fact that there is both magic and "technology" lets the players have some freedom that wouldn't be found in more realistic games like Eshraval.

I also like the dichotomies and factions that have been set-up: technology v. magic, flesh-eater v. plant-eater, Laydeen v. Kreetite and of course, the four different kinds of governments.

I like the Ster, they remind me of the Guild from Dune or the Church from something like Shattered Suns.
Back to top Go down
Cricetus

Cricetus

PostSubject: Re: They want a longer topic name.   They want a longer topic name. Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 1:37 am

Hello there!

And welcome!

Interesting that you should mention Eshraval as two of us have/had nations there in various versions. (I still have one, but not enough time Sad )

I know that an hour or so a day would be appreciated, but I also know that I can't achieve this figure either - which I suppose means I leave any fuller answers to the Boss!

I'm glad you like it... so do I! And I never thought the Ster would become anything like as big.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They want a longer topic name.   They want a longer topic name. Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 5:07 pm

Hi Cecix,

Welcome! We are always excited about new arrivals! Stick around for a while, and see what pique your interest the most. From there, you can propose ideas to the enrichment of Cerulea. And thank you very much for your praises!

The world is pretty new, and a lot of fundamental concepts (game rules, etc) have not been made canon. In fact, there are quite a number of fundamental stuff that have not been covered. So for the time being, those are the things that we need help the most rather than active roleplaying. As it is only one other player is contributing to the fundamental concepts, and we are building them block by block. For one, the laws of magic has been covered a bit. The intention of the laws of magic is to describe the obvious, so that roleplayers could work their characters within parameters, as it would be unfair to everyone if magic is performed inconsistently by different characters. Beyond the fundamental, everything goes really! The point here is to experiment, share and play.

What we appreciate best here is quality over quantity. We believe your rate of contribution is acceptable. As long as you feel your level of commitment is acceptable, there wouldn't be complaints from anyone. However, if you have contributed a few original concepts, and then returned to find your concepts scrapped or changed after a period of absence, it would not become our responsibility to iron out any offense taken, because it would only be viewed as the project's evolution; to change or scrap unused information for the betterment of the project as a whole. Insofar, we have not thrown away anything. Wink

Interesting you mentioned four different kinds of governments. I assume you meant the four (five, when you include the Aeronavis Company) powers of Cerulea. If you feel you are up to interactive roleplaying, you could choose between 2 types of roleplay: single character or group/nation. You could of course play both types. If you play a group/nation, you could choose between two locales; as an integral organization or component state in one of the five powers, or an independent group/nation outside the 5 powers' sphere of influence i.e. the Uncharted Skies. It would be interesting to see some pirates in the Uncharted Skies!

On a personal note; what nations you had played in Eshraval?

Welcome to Cerulea once more!
Back to top Go down
https://cerulea.rpg-board.net
Cecix

PostSubject: Re: They want a longer topic name.   They want a longer topic name. Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 3:24 am

Great!

Quote :

I made a nation called Setasphore a couple of years ago, but it never amounted to much. It was in the Chari region. I know the current Eshraval is quite different, though. Not even the same world!
Back to top Go down
Cricetus

Cricetus

PostSubject: Re: They want a longer topic name.   They want a longer topic name. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2009, 7:50 pm

Cecix wrote:
Great!

Quote :

I made a nation called Setasphore a couple of years ago, but it never amounted to much. It was in the Chari region. I know the current Eshraval is quite different, though. Not even the same world!

Gosh, that is going back a few years! I was playing Surimtak, maybe even starting after you had left!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They want a longer topic name.   They want a longer topic name. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They want a longer topic name.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cerulea :: General Discussion :: Introduction and orientation-
Jump to: